Director, IDS Global Technical Service Marketing
Job Description SummaryThe BD IDS Global Director of Service Marketing for Global Technical Services is responsible for strategic direction of Service for the IDS business, as well as leading downstream execution of our Technical Service offers in the marketplace. This includes developing the annual IDS service marketing plan, ensuring launch readiness of new product offerings, pricing strategy through execution and measurement, understanding competitive and market insights, and communication across the business. Collaborates with IDS product and strategic marketing ensuring alignment on value proposition, brand promise, and customer experience goals. Partners with regional and global technical service and business platform leaders.
Integrated Diagnostic Solutions (IDS) is a fast-growing business unit within BD with a full pipeline of new products and a robust portfolio of current technologies that address customer needs across the diagnostic continuum. As a business, IDS is focused on helping our customers deliver better clinical outcomes for their patients across that continuum.
The Director, IDS Global Technical Service Marketing is responsible for strategic direction of Service for the IDS business, as well as downstream execution of our Technical Service offers in the marketplace. This includes developing the annual IDS service marketing plan, ensuring launch readiness of new product offerings, pricing strategy through execution and measurement, understanding competitive and market insights, and communication across the business. Collaborates with IDS product and strategic marketing ensuring alignment on value proposition, brand promise, and customer experience goals. Partners with regional and global technical service and business platform leaders.
Key Success Factors:
- Creates strategy and approval for annual and 3-year (ASR) IDS global technical service plan.
- Empowers regional service marketing organizations to successfully adapt and launch global technical service marketing programs driving new revenue generation, growth, and enhanced CX.
- Global accountability for ensuring regional readiness at new product launch for technical service products and solutions.
- Refines the vision and value proposition for IDS technical service solutions that will bolster our commercial strategy.
- Partners with the IDS business lines/groups and regions to define and deliver customer-appreciated, competitively defensible technical service solutions across the diagnostic continuum.
- Develops the ASR plan, aligning the organization around developing and commercializing these solutions. This includes building the organization and commercial capabilities needed to win in the marketplace.
- Challenges the business model and propose pricing and contracting strategies that make IDS easy to do business with.
- Fully commercializes TS products and delivers business impact. This includes developing compelling messaging, defining commercialization goals, preparing regions to launch, establishing success criteria and metrics and measure results.
- Leads the development of the annual service marketing plan for technical services revenue, highly incremental to BD. This will include driving market research to define customer requirements, outlining market segments, geographies, competition, channels in which to compete, and defining where to play and how to win
- Leverages up-to-date voice of customer and voice or region insights to develop innovative offerings, ensuring strong commercialization strategy and delivery of project according to customer requirements.
- Effectively partners, collaborates, and influences regional service marketing leaders, R&D, Medical Affairs, Quality, Business Lines and other functions to ensure development and execution of the strategy.
- Identifies and maintains strong relationships with key opinion leaders, customers, professional associations, and advisory boards as needed to deliver against strategies
- Drives initiatives with a significant amount of autonomy. Frequently lead formal and ad hoc cross-functional teams with no formal direct reporting authority and be a strong individual contributor to specific deliverables.
- Tracks and reports to senior service leadership on key financial metrics related to pricing, volume and offer strategies.
- Acts as a key contributor to global and regional technical service annual strategic revenue (ASR) process.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains best practices in brand marketing and product development.
- Partners with Technical Managed Services leader across strategic and portfolio planning.
- Develops and launches “as a service” and subscription-based recurring service revenue products.
- Supports regional service leaders and marketers to achieve P&L goals.
- Minimizes operating costs for each offer generating incremental margin growth year-over-year.
- Leverages industry partner (e.g., TSIA) research to benchmark performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures stakeholder and extended team satisfaction through 360 reviews.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Engineering or similar discipline.
- 8+ years marketing, brand, product management, or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge or equivalent experience within the disciplines of marketing including upstream, downstream, solutions development, marketing operations and communications.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- MBA, Master’s or advanced technical degree in related field.
- Experience working in healthcare or service marketing.
- Experience in lab-based diagnostics, life sciences related services, medical device or information technology is a plus.
- Experience leading services product management function.
- Experience in corporate, global or regional product marketing.
- Strong business and financial management skills
- Experience leveraging SAP, ServiceMax, Salesforce, or other commercial platforms.
- Basic knowledge of medical device hardware and software cybersecurity rules and regulations
- Experience working and traveling in a global role.
Skills & Competencies:
- Organization & Planning: recognized for ability to independently organize personal and organizational projects and tasks, setting measurable objectives and goals for management of multiple simultaneous projects, enlisting resources to efficiently meet project needs
- Problem Solving, Analytical Skills and Professional Judgement: uses a combination of logic, analysis, experience, wisdom, and advanced methods to make decisions and solve problems, demonstrating the ability to solve difficult problems and create effective and innovative solutions
- Decision Quality: accurately assesses risk and clarifies ambiguous situations to make good decisions, developing alternatives with clearly documented consequences for each possible course of action
- Communication Skills: advanced facilitator for small and large groups and organizations, adapting content and style to engage audience, and able to articulately respond to impromptu comments and questions
- Action Oriented: personally models, coaches and motivates team to demonstrate a significant bias for action to execute key objectives, while actively seeking other opportunities to contribute
- Courage & Independence- seeks out and selects stimulating work with challenges, increasing scope and responsibilities
- Composure: responds constructively in stressful situations and effectively calms others while taking action to resolve the root cause of the situation causing stress
- Flexibility: adapts plans to changing priorities, modeling and practicing key principles of change management
- Process and Service Acumen: basic understanding of technical service and support delivery processes
- Organizational Agility: is cognizant of organizational culture in a matrixed environment and appropriately adjusts personal style to be effective
- Influencing others: leverages internal or external experts or third parties to influence others towards an intended course of action. Experienced at using multiple chains of influence to achieve broad organizational acceptance
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally ~ 15%
- Regularly required to stand, bend and reach
- Ability to view computer monitor and use keyboard for prolonged period of time
- Ability to sit for prolonged period of time, handling, listening, near vision, midrange vision in connection with performing essential functions
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Additional LocationsUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ