Lab Automation East Region Team Lead
Job Description SummaryBD Diagnostic is seeking a field based Lab Automation Team Lead for the East Region. This position is responsible for managing the success of the relationship with an assigned set of customers in order to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the customer and BD. The individual will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, resolving or escalating customer pain points. In addition, the individual will act as customer advocate and liaison back into the BD organization. This position is also responsible for providing on-site support to BD Lab Automation customers, including installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, removals, and other support as needed.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most exciting global health issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Onsite support for install and service of sophisticated diagnostic laboratory automation instrumentation with minimal direct supervision. Responds to emergency customer requests via dispatch by the Technical Service Center and finish the work you're doing in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
- Provide clear, timely, and effective communications to customers about service expectations, estimated time of arrival, status of ongoing service activities, and service follow-up calls in support of BD Customer Experience (#CX) initiatives.
- Utilizing troubleshooting techniques and analytical thinking skills to diagnose hardware/software issue, determine corrective action, and complete system repair.
- Upgrading systems to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Ability to work independently diagnosing and solving problems with schematics, diagrams, service manuals and other user documentation.
- Play an active role in the maintenance and implementation of service documentation, while regularly providing feedback to assist with improving efficiency of documentation within lab automation field service organization.
- Finish the service documentation as required, or as requested by other business functions, in accordance with current GMP requirements.
- Report and document all customer complaints in appropriate systems of record for resolution and investigation.
- Manage trunk stock inventory within limits established by Recommended Spare Parts Inventory list.
- Maintain all assigned calibrated test equipment and tools in good working condition and calibration dates.
- Demonstrate good judgment in utilization of company credit card, while adhering to expense levels within the established business guidelines.
- Maintain and utilize company vehicle as prescribed by fleet vehicle contractor requirements, including vehicle service maintenance, cleanliness, and organization at all times.
- Complete all administrative requirements of the position within expected timeframes.
- Provide on-call support per published schedules, or on short-notice, as required in support of business needs.
- Maintain and demonstrate a professional appearance at all times.
- Support an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- Adhering to current regulatory requirements to include, but not limited to, HIPPA, OSHA, and FDA.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a technical field of study, preferred fields: Electrical/Electronics/Informatics/Mechatronics/Biomedical or 10+ years of proven experience as an equivalent.
- Strong solid understanding of electronics, electro-mechanical devices (Mechatronics), PLCs, and pneumatics.
- Intermediate knowledge of information systems networking architecture design and set up.
- Intermediate understanding of computer software operating systems and the ability to speak with customer’s information technology personnel and lab leadership to schedule and complete routine software upgrades and maintenance.
- Understanding of basic computer security concepts and best practices.
- Proficient in performing software installations and upgrades.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service and soft skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license with at least 3 years of driving history and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Must be able to work flexible hours throughout the work week while traveling to various US Customer locations.
- Must be available for work on call as needed and be flexible to meet business needs.
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% of time outside of home geographic area, based upon business needs.
- Able to lift up to 30lbs frequently and up to 70lbs infrequently
- Able to handle standing, bending and stooping over a prolonged period of time (up to 10 hours)
- Able to push/pull materials up to 100lbs
- Adhere to all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) standards/guidelines required by company policy.
- Expertise in Robotics
- 10+ years of proven experience in a technical field demonstrating: installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of highly sophisticated instrumentation.
- Knowledge of Lab Information Systems (LIS) and database management.
- A+, Microsoft or Cisco accreditation advantageous.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 930am-6pm (United States of America)
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ