Reliability Test Engineer
Job Description SummaryJob Summary
Reliability Test Engineer needed for the design, build, execution and documentation of accelerated reliability life tests.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most sophisticated global health issues
Duties & Responsibilities
The reliability test engineer will be expected to work with other reliability and R&D engineers to define the scope and strategy of accelerated reliability tests. This position will prepare test protocols based on the mutually agreed-upon test strategy, and coordinate/execute the design and build activities needed to create the fixtures and software for test execution. This position will be responsible for the test execution and data collection, including following corporate GDP (Good Documentation Practices) in a meticulous manner. As issues are discovered through testing, this position will support associated root cause investigations. Finally, this position will generate test reports to capture test progress/results.
A successful candidate will be able to generate and interpret electrical schematic and mechanical assembly diagrams & drawings, and have the demonstrated capability of building electronic, electromechanical, and pneumatic fixtures that facilitate accelerated life testing of various instruments and subassemblies. The incumbent should have electronic and mechanical troubleshooting skills as well as basic shop skills. The incumbent will work under the direction of the reliability engineering manager and collaborate with fellow reliability & R&D engineers.
- Demonstrated ability of generating and understanding electrical schematic and mechanical assembly diagrams and drawings.
- Multiple examples of applying CAD / PCB design to build functional devices / fixtures in an expedited fashion.
- Demonstrated ability of building electromechanical/pneumatic life test fixtures that may include wiring of multi-conductor cables, connectors, and soldering /building breadboards.
- Basic shop skills and the ability to work with BD machine shop for fabrication of simple metal parts.
- Experience sourcing designed components from prototype shops in a corporate setting.
- Demonstrated electromechanical troubleshooting skills
- Good documentation and writing skills to develop test protocols and test reports.
- Good mechanical dexterity
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to monitor life tests for extended periods of time and collect test data on a routine basis.
- Competent in general computer skills and understanding of LAN network architectures (IP based).
- Basic software troubleshooting skills
- Proficient with MS Office, e.g., Excel, MS Word, Outlook. Attention to details
Minimum Education requirements: Associate degree (electronics/mechatronics/Software)
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Software engineering or equivalent technical degree
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience demonstrating the use of the skills listed
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Software engineering with 0 to 1 year industry experience
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ