Technical Manufacturing Supervisor - Nights
Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for the planning, direction and supervision of all technical associates in MAP BD Canaan. Drive assigned associates activities to support the ultimate objective of 100% equipment up-time, zero product defects and scrap reduction. This is accomplished through hiring, training, mentoring, leading and managing. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to read, write, and converse in English.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the hiring of competent and qualified technicians to support the manufacturing process.
- Mentor technicians on technical related issues.
- Help technicians set their daily priorities based on the needs of the plant.
- Work with Cell Lead, Business Lead, Process Engineering on addressing safety, quality, waste, pph and plant output.
- Collaborate with the Business Lead/Engineering Manager in supporting any improvements to the processes and/or equipment, to ensure reliability at the highest possible levels.
- Coordinate and communicate projects with assigned associates.
- Lead and influence individuals that do not report to you.
- Support the implementation of new processes and automation projects on the manufacturing floor.
- Positively lead teams to initiate change and improvements.
- Assist in selecting and defining projects, spare parts usage
- Contribute new ideas, and find innovative methods to accomplish goals.
- Follow all local, state, federal, and BD safety laws, policies, and procedures including HCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Follow all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to encourage a positive atmosphere in BD Canaan.
Education and experience required:
- High School Education or GED
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Technical Associates degree preferred
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ