Health Physics (EHS) Technician
Job Description SummaryThe Health Physics Technician works in the Safety and Facilities department and is responsible for providing support for the manufacture, testing and distribution of implantable medical devices.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role:
As the EHS Technician you will Perform environmental monitoring of facility.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating personnel bioassay and monitoring program, as well as the collection, segregation, storage and disposal of produced waste
- Responsible for control and calibration of all dose, count rate and monitoring instrumentation
- Prepare vital routine and non-routine IEMA, DOT and EPA reports
- Perform investigations associated with product complaints, corrective and preventative action projects, product and process improvement projects, Sealed source inventory discrepancies, and personnel or facility contamination incidents
- Assist in IEMA facility inspections and required responses
- Additional duties as needed
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A solid understanding of IEMA license requirements
- Understand and follow the established corporate safety standard, local facility operating procedures and safety policies
- Can maintain regular and predictable attendance
Education and experience required:
- BA or BS degree in business, environmental health and safety, or related field OR 2 years relevant work experience and high school diploma / GED
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
For most roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In limited circumstances, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA IL - Carol Stream
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 8am-430pm (United States of America)
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ