Setup Instruct and Repair - US Grind - 3rd Shift - $5000 Bonus Incentive Offered!
Job Description Summary
Job Grade: JG1
PCP Level: 3
*** $5000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility. **
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care.
We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Responsible for project work as assigned by the Engineering Coordinator/ Product Line Coordinator in the realms of electrical, mechanical, and systems of new and existing equipment. Responsible for assisting manufacturing Setups with manufacturing floor maintenance issues as necessary, as well as mentoring the manufacturing Setups in trouble shooting methods and techniques of manufacturing processes and equipment. Responsible in assisting with production scheduling.
Specific Skill Sets Required:
- Must have the mechanical skills/education/background required to setup, changeover, problem solve, improve, and maintain production equipment.
- Must meet all other educational & training requirements established now or in the future by management that may result from changing technical needs.
- Must be able to understand and follow the policies and procedures of our Quality System, Good Manufacturing Practices, and all regulations and rules.
- Expected to work on teams, have leadership skills and lead by example BD's Core Values.
- Must have, and be able to demonstrate, the necessary mechanical ability for the equipment being maintained including the ability to use hand tools & gages and operate shop equipment.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for doing changeovers and setting up the equipment properly.
- Must keep equipment running in a good state of repair to meet production and quality standards.
- Is responsible for generating accurate maintenance records and other records as required by management.
- Responsible for machine cleanliness and preventive maintenance.
- Must provide coverage for others who are absent.
- Helps operators run equipment and provide assistance during operators' break times.
- Must actively participate and lead teams, including but not limited to: scheduling, process improvement, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Must work safely, handle chemicals properly and ensure the safety of work mates.
- Assist in completion of OQ/PQ on new and existing equipment.
- Assist in development of machine settings and validated parameters for equipment.
- Assist in identifying future and current machine component and system risks.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Responsibilities Lifting Weight Min. 35 lbs.
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to speak, read & write English
For most roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient
proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In limited circumstances, weekly
testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s
Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered
pursuant to applicable law.
About Becton Dickinson (BD):
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our hardworking employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow expertly before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Becton, Dickinson and company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ