Senior Director, Corporate Strategy - Remote / Hybrid
Job Description Summary
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The primary purpose of this position is to support key growth strategy initiatives within BD (organic and inorganic) to ensure a robust portfolio of solutions that are growth accretive to the company. This role is part of a focused Corporate Strategy team that will support Corporate strategy initiatives as well as Segment and Region growth strategy initiatives. (S)he will a) help surface new growth opportunities, b) lead the cross-functional assessment and strategy development of promising opportunities, and c) support business development activities (outside in assessments, business case development, commercial diligence).
- Support corporate strategy efforts (working alongside with Segments) to help accelerate core business growth via scale M&A
- Determine spaces of focus (large, margin accretive adjacent spaces with large headroom for growth, aligned with BD strategy, available actionable targets with a clear path to leadership)
- Conduct landscape mapping of prioritized spaces of focus to identify priority targets
- Develop go/no-go business cases and help drive commercial due diligence
- Support Business/Region teams on high-impact growth strategy efforts. Types of such growth strategy work include:
- Strategic innovation to support product development efforts (customer unmet needs assessment, evaluate market size and optimal segmentation, assess customer willingness-to-pay and adoption through rigorous market research)
- Accelerating growth of existing portfolios (customer benefits that drive purchase choices, customer segmentation, targeting, etc.)
- M.B.A. with (if applicable) focus on Marketing, Healthcare Management, or Finance
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a technical discipline preferred
- 15+ years of professional business experience, ten (10) of which is in a related health care industry.
- Ideal profile for the role has experience in Corporate & Business Strategy in leading healthcare companies or has experience in top tier strategy consulting firms
- Position requires a background and solid understanding of the medical devices & life sciences industries:
- Clinician needs and drivers, market dynamics, regulations, existing products and technologies, new development, small companies and competitors
- Opportunity landscape assessments and prioritization of areas of focus and strategic assessment of potential opportunities
- Proven ability to work across large matrixed organizations and to interact/communication effectively with senior leadership.
Skills & Key Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep, rigorous, analytical analyses that drive growth opportunity identification, space/company assessments and strategy development
- Demonstrated experience with financial models, financial analysis and market analysis
- Demonstrated experience leading and analyzing primary and secondary market research
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional or cross-country initiatives through influence and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify, prioritize and successfully advocate for opportunities to drive growth or improve operating performance
- Demonstrated ability to both lead and be part of high-performing teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills
- Demonstrated ability to earn credibility with senior leadership around quality of work product and soundness of recommendations
- Ability to use sound, independent reasoning and judgment to establish work priorities and be flexible to respond to constantly changing priorities and shifting deadlines in a fast paced working environment.
- Preferred location is near BD US site.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ