Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The BD Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) Materials Center of Excellence has an exciting opportunity for a highly talented and passionate individual. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and driving new material technology programs to enable product differentiation to meet current and future clinical unmet needs.
The candidate should have direct formulation development knowledge and experience in Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) / rubbers (Styrene butadiene styrene copolymer (SBS), Styrene ethylene butadiene styrene copolymer (SEBS), olefin block copolymer (OBC), etc.)
Additionally, the candidate must possess a deep understanding of the linkage between rubber/elastomer molecular architecture to process parameters and product functional performance. The candidate is expected to be able to plan, lead, and develop the cross-functional team to successfully drive projects from concept to manufacturing. This includes taking on strong and clear accountability for program success and coaching associates to develop a deep talent bench.
- Conceive and develop novel material formulations involving thermoplastic elastomers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop next generation materials and processes for new and existing MDS products
- Implement efficient and effective technology transfer from research and development to manufacturing
- Identify and establish working relationships with external technology partners
- Mentor and develop associates in related technical roles and provide frequent feedback
- Effectively communicate, orally and written, project progress both within the team and to senior leadership
- Demonstrate agility and action when facing change and uncertainty while instilling confidence.
M.S.: 8+ years of industrial experience in rubber/elastomer development
Ph.D.: 5+ years of industrial experience in rubber/elastomer development
Degree: Polymer science, chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, or related degrees
- Working experience in thermoplastic or thermoset rubber formulation development and compounding
- Technical depth in elastomer technology
- Experience translating customer needs and performance gaps into material requirements
- Track record of innovation and translation of the innovation into products and manufacturing.
- General project management skills with ability to manage efforts across multiple projects
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and mentor associates
- Willingness to travel globally up to 20%
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ