Manufacturing Engineer II
Job Description SummaryThe Manufacturing Engineer II provides engineering expertise for manufacturing operations to ensure products are produced at optimum costs at all times in order to ensure customer satisfaction. Provide input and recommendations for the identification and selection of improvement projects and lead Kaizen events. Provide accurate process instructions, routings and standards. Review manufacturing processes and provide effective solutions in inefficient areas. The Manufacturing Engineer II will develop and execute validation protocols for equipment, process and other validated systems.
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Help drive a safety focused culture through implementation of safe processes and equipment.
- Provide technical and project leadership for design and / or modifications of equipment used in manufacturing – mixing, blending, coating, filling production lines, transporting and packaging product.
- Manage small capital projects, including: development of equipment specification, coordination of equipment runoffs, installation of equipment, management of outside contractors and related validation activities. Ensure projects’ timelines and budgets are met.
- Lead validation efforts writing and executing protocols; writing validation reports for new and existing equipment and processes.
- Develop machine output capability, including throughput and repetitiveness regarding meeting / holding specification tolerances, machine process capability.
- Identify and implement changes to working methods or operation sequences that will minimize risks, costs, and waste; increase yields and productivity; and improve the quality and consistency of final products.
- Assist operations and technical staff with solutions to problems occurring in the manufacturing process and ongoing training and technical support. Document procedures and assist training employees who will operate the process.
- Updates equipment drawings for production and equipment, including layouts.
- Review and recommend TPM, PM, Proactive Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance Programs to prevent equipment failures and maximize machinery uptime.
- Passion for continuous improvement, effective prioritization, time management, and managing multiple tasks. This position requires you to work in the manufacturing environment with a hands on approach continuously working with team members for continuous improvement.
- Motivate others to accept process changes, sustain it and take ownership.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by the Lean Manufacturing Engineer. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in a technical discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Manufacturing) required.
- Three to Five years of work experience in Manufacturing preferably in high volume manufacturing. Medical device experience is a preferred. Six Sigma Green or Black Belt a preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including Visio; MS Project is a plus; Minitab is a plus.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, flexible regarding work assignments, available for various shifts as needed.
- Develop and present project concepts and justifications to team members including hourly and senior management.
- This position will require working in a manufacturing environment with a hands on approach working with team members for continuous improvement.
- Good communication skills required; fluency with reading, writing and speaking the English language.
For most roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In limited circumstances, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And, as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer! We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Mebane
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ