BD Summer Intern Program 2022 - MMS Software Technology Solutions (STS) Intern
Job Description Summary
BD MMS Software Technology Solutions (STS) Summer Intern
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world, and we are advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD Medical is among the world's leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery. We are passionate about providing innovative solutions to reduce the spread of infection, improve diabetes treatment and advance drug delivery. With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team are able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
The BD Medication Management Solutions (MMS) Software Technology Solutions (STS) division proudly offers a Summer Internship Program for undergraduate students. Through this program, the student will have the chance to gain real-world experience in research and development in the medical device industry. Selected students will be immersed in the design and development process to build top selling medical device products for various global markets. The summer internship program at BD is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience at one of the top medical device companies while advancing the world of health.
Software Quality Engineering Intern:
Works under the direction and mentorship of the SQE Manager and SQE Leads to contribute to the SQE process and testing through the fulfillment of assigned work and tasks. As a result, some basic skills of software quality engineering and testing will be learned.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Manual execution of test cases.
- Exploratory testing.
- Administrative SQE and testing work i.e. documentation, asset and system organization and maintenance, light programming or scripting, and other related work.
- Automation of test cases.
- Other work and tasks related to SQE and Testing as advised by SQE Lead or SQE Manager
Complexity of assigned work and tasks may be increased depending on potential and ability.
Contributes to developing our hybrid on-prem and cloud-based Diversion Management software application. The successful candidate will be both self-motivated and collaborative as is vital to work with enterprise technology projects, interacting with team members and partners to resolve issues quickly. This software engineer will participate in a full software development life cycle and adhere to a quality management system.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Works with team to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components as assigned.
- Works with team to establish necessary requirements specifications and test plans for software product validation.
- Develops automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria.
- Presents/Participates in design reviews and code inspections.
- Support existing SQL databases, SSIS packages and SSRS reports in maintenance and improving the data pipeline.
- Familiarity with C#, Angular, Cloud (Azure), and Elasticsearch for full stack.
- Understanding of Cloud data storage and formats.
NOTE: Project assignment is not determined by major.
- BS student pursuing a degree in Computer Science / Data Science / Data Engineering fields.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experienced with a software development language like C#, Java, Python, or similar.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the 10 - 12-week summer internship period.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and strong work ethic.
- Prior internship/co-op experience
Positions will be located at our San Diego sites; BD supports remote work where possible.
In order toqualify for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ