Global Product Manager
Job Description SummaryGlobal Product Manager is accountable for the strategic and tactical product management responsibilities for BD Bioscience’s Research Reagent portfolio and will help deliver strategic and financial objectives while optimizing customer experience. The role drives product marketing activities by defining the overall portfolio strategy and product roadmap, developing product lifecycle strategies, and developing global marketing promotional and communication programs. In addition, this person will define new growth opportunities using customer insights and market analytics and collaborating closely with regional teams to execute effectively in a dynamic marketplace.
The role is accountable for marketing deliverables supporting new flow cytometry products and line extensions and other assigned product development projects. The candidate will serve as the Marketing leader on a new product/line extension core team in support of the Global Product Development Process (GPDS). The role routinely interfaces with cross functional team resources including: Marketing (Global and Regional), Sales, R&D, Business Development, Finance, Quality, Regulatory, and Manufacturing.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Product Management and Portfolio Strategy:
- Supports annual portfolio planning process to define portfolio roadmap and strategic priorities
- Influences product development core team and other multifunctional resources to implement portfolio strategy
- Develops robust business cases for growth opportunities with deep understanding of the market, competition, and customer needs
- Identify key portfolio gaps with in-depth analysis of the portfolio and align internal teams on new product strategy and tactics
- Generates novel ideas for defining and bringing to market innovative products and technologies
- Gathers customer inputs and requirements by completing VOC studies and customer interviews
- Ensures that customer perspectives are appropriately incorporated into every aspect of product development
Marketing Plan Execution and Product Launch:
- Develops and carries out marketing plans and launch plans in collaboration with the Core Team, global marketing, and regional teams to create robust new product pipeline
- Leads all aspects of the global product positioning, go-to-market strategies, and pricing
- Collaborates with regional teams to establish and execute regional tactics to accelerate new product adoption and ensure achievement of financial expectations
- Effectively communicates value proposition of the products to sales team and develops sales tools and digital assets that prompt buying decisions
- Trains regional sales and marketing teams on products and workflows/applications
- Translates technical capabilities and features into meaningful customer benefits and messages
- Develops expertise on customer buying criteria, target customer segmentation, competition to build strategies to win in the market
- Establishes and maintains a strong driven position through strategic and tactical execution of growth opportunities
- Supervise and communicate new product performance success metrics
- Actively seeks new ways to improve BD’s Research Solutions portfolio of products and services to build solution-based offerings and/or optimize current solution offerings.
- Conducts in-depth analyses on market growth/trends and maturity of different product lines to determine appropriate lifecycle management tactics including pricing/discounts, discontinuations, and targeted growth/promotion strategies
- Align key internal partners on lifecycle management strategies and collaborate with the global and regional teams to implement
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Immunology or Cell Biology degree strongly preferred
- 3-4 years of product marketing and/or product management experience or equivalent combination of education and life sciences experience including marketing, sales, sales training, technical support, project management, business development or other related function
- Product marketing/management experience in fields, such as brand management, product development, product launch, marketing campaign development
- Experience working in and/or leading teams in cross-functional environments and/or matrix organizations
- Experience in identifying market opportunities, customer segmentation, competitive analysis, forecasting, pricing strategy, market development and go-to-market models and strategies
- Hands on experience in flow cytometry and/or immunological assays desired
Knowledge and skills:
- General knowledge of the Life Sciences industry as well as the sales, operations, and marketing functions
- Scientific and technical knowledge with the ability to develop and review technical product specifications and applications development plans
- Specific understanding of flow cytometry and antibody products preferred
- Highly motivated, customer focused leader who thrives in a dynamic environment easily develops relationships and engagement with KOLs
- Demonstrated critical thinking and implementation skills
- Validated analytical skills with ability to translate data into concrete plans
- Capable of handling and driving the completion of multiple contending projects
- Ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis
- Ability to develop clear strategic recommendations from data analysis and customer insights
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated learning agility and work towards results
- Ability to prioritize and implement a variety of objectives and clearly communicate progress and roadblocks
- Self-starter and resourceful in developing creative solutions
- 10% – 15% travel
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ