Manager I, Process Development
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD Biosciences, a segment of Becton, Dickinson and Company, is one of the world’s leading businesses focused on bringing innovative tools to life science researchers and clinicians. Its product lines include: flow cytometers, cell imaging systems, monoclonal antibodies, research reagents, diagnostic assays, and tools to help grow tissue and cells. BD Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sirigen, Inc. is a subsidiary of BD Biosciences and produces polymeric reagents for use in Flow Cytometry and other biological applications.
In this dynamic role, the Process Development Manager is accountable for product development from concept development through market launch for novel fluorescent dyes for use in Flow Cytometry. The individual will work in collaboration with multi-functional teams to ensure technical excellence, driving process changes, optimization, scale-up and technology transfer through formal product development process. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for effectively building, developing and motivating a team of scientists and engineers. The successful candidate will have experience with functional leadership with great foundation in fluorescent dyes, organic synthesis, small molecules/macromolecule separations, and/or analytical characterization with excellent attention to detail. Strong oral and written communication skills are required to facilitate technical transfer of activities between R&D and production.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and coach a group of scientists/engineers through cross collaboration with project and technical leaders
- Drive the development of project strategy through a formalized product development process
- Provides technical leadership for process development related activities
- Designing new or refining existing processes to enable new product development from concept through market launch using lean and six sigma and agile methodologies
- Ensure implementation and rigor of product development processes and design control procedures
- Possesses the skills, knowledge and aptitude to engage, influence, and direct all functions involved in the development of the assigned product to inspire and motivate the team to achieve a common goal or purpose.
- Exercises considerable latitude in resolving and developing approach to solutions.
- Interacts with functional managers and business leaders to communicate critical project risks, questions or challenges.
- Work with multi-functional teams to identify and implement improvements with new technologies that will boost product quality, yields, and reduce production costs.
- Other responsibilities or projects as assigned by reporting manager.
Education & experience:
- Successful candidate will possess a minimum of B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Life Science plus minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience. PhD preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in product development planning multiple work-streams, identifying risk and implementing action plans to optimize timelines and reduce execution risk
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with leading a team
- Experience in chemistry/fluorescent dyes/organic synthesis
- Accomplished in developing robust scale up and process mapping to meet product specifications using DFSS/Agile
- Experience establishing product requirements from defined needs specifications to product requirements
- Good organizational and project planning skills & Demonstrated ability to act as a change protagonist
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Comfortable workin
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ