Tech 3, Field Service
Job Description Summary• The employee’s supervisor will assign specific job duties. This job description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the positions may not change or be eliminated. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisor’s instruction and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisor.
• Intermediate level in the industry. Troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates, and tests electro-mechanical equipment, returned from customers for repair or preventative maintenance.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines the reason for return, based on information from the customer, alarm/event history, condition of the unit or assembly, or repair history. Contacts customer to obtain additional information or to clarify problem.
- Test operates unit to locate defects, measure performance, determine need for adjustment, and verify specified operation.
- Troubleshoots problem to board component level. Repairs, replaces, and reworks board components to current IPC standards. Note: When repair and rework of PCBA’s is required, formal training to IPC 7711/7721 standard is required and will be provided by either internal or external certified training resources.
- Repairs, upgrades, calibrates, and tests various medical instruments and electrical parts using standard and non-standard electrical and mechanical test equipment.
- Determines part usage, disassembly/assembly procedures, preventative maintenance requirements, level of testing needed, and required adjustments based on technical service manual, including schematics, wiring diagrams, instructions, and technical updates, change list, service bill of material, and applicable production procedures.
- Communicates repair information to the customer including cause of failure and tips on preventing future failures. Enters data into electronic files.
- Determines if problem constitutes a product complaint investigation. Notifies service management, engineering or production of unique or unusual wear, assembly defects, or failure trends
- Trains other technicians and inspectors on product repairs, maintenance, operation, and/or testing.
- Achieves or exceeds performance targets in order to satisfy customer demand.
Educational Qualifications & Previous Experience :
- Associate’s degree (AA), Electronic Technician Certificate or completion of equivalent technical courses, plus three to five years related experience.
- Knowledge of assembly and repair techniques and equipment. Ability to repair a wide variety of surface mount components. Effectively uses all types of electronic troubleshooting and repair equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, surface mount soldering equipment, frequency counters, etc.
- Basic PC skills. Knowledge of basic Microsoft applications.
Professional Skills & Key Competencies:
- Ability to read and interpret technical information such as schematics, diagrams and manuals. Effectively presents information and responds to questions from engineers, supervisor, and other repair technicians. Translates non-technical customer information to arrive at the accurate reason for return. Responds to customer inquiries and provides accurate written and verbal information describing repairs and testing performed.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and exponential notation. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to construct and interpret bar graphs and flow charts. Knowledge of basic algebra. Determines component values based on schematics.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in standardized and non-standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Determines which procedure is appropriate for a specific product problem. Able to determine proximate cause for standard and non-standard product and component failures
- Must be self-starter, resourceful and flexible as changes arise
Desired / Additional Skills & Knowledge:
- Lean manufacturing /Lean Service experience a plus.
- SAP experience a plus
- Soldering certification a plus.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment, plant/factory level a plus
Any additional Information (Specially if needed for Quality or legal purposes)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee regularly works with moving mechanical parts associated with the product.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk and to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and infrequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently exposed to conditions prevalent to warehouse operations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Low levels of dirt, dust, chemical odors, may be present or generated in service areas, warehouses, manufacturing areas as a result of business practices
For many roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ