Flow Cytometry Clinical Applications Scientist - California
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD is looking for a Clinical Applications Scientist to provide advanced support for BD Biosciences (BDB) flow cytometry products. The ideal candidate will have expertise in a broad-range of Clinical Flow Cytometry applications, including leukemia and lymphoma, immunodeficiency, cross-match, stem cell enumeration, DNA ploidy, transplant medicine, and antibody-mediated therapy assays.
The Clinical Applications Scientist serves as a subject matter expert for strategic product applications in Flow Cytometry; provides pre- and post- sales support to sales associates based upon customer and BDB business needs. He/she takes part in system validation activities throughout all phases of product development process; providing voice of the customer expertise to marketing, business development, and product design teams; acting as a technical training and consulting resource for our in-house and field-based technical teams, sales, and service organizations.
The Clinical Applications Scientist serves as an expert in multicolor flow cytometry applications, has a strong working knowledge of all BDB Cell Analysis systems (Instruments, software, reagents) and understand major competitor platforms; must stay scientifically up-to-date and engaged in a fast-moving field in which our business participates and possess a deep understanding of BDB customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports critical customer sites by applying his/her expertise in with multi-color flow applications; demonstrates a strong working knowledge of all BDB Cell Analysis systems (instruments, software, reagents) to provide product demonstrations, troubleshooting, assay/workflow design and other technical consultations as needed.
- Understands major competitors’ platforms and stays scientifically current and engaged in fast- moving fields in which our business participates and deeply understand BDB customer needs.
- Provides voice of the customer information source for Marketing, Product Development, Business Development and other departments. Participates as a member of product strategy teams as assigned. Collaborates with appropriate departments to develop technical presentations, applications notes and other communication materials.
- Trains field-based and in-house technical applications associates as assigned.
- Provides technical support at tradeshows, user’s meetings, workshops, and other special Cell Analysis venues as appropriate. Acts as a technical resource for internal associates. Ensures technical knowledge transfer between all customer facing teams
- Keeps abreast of the U.S. and non-U.S. regulations affecting own area of job function as well as customer’ specific regulatory requirements.
- Promotes a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices. Ensures safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological or Life Science Discipline; and/or degree in Medical Technology
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Flow Cytometry, including instrument setup, sample preparation, and data acquisition and analysis.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Clinical Flow Cytometry.
- Expert in multicolor flow applications.
- Strong working knowledge of all BDB Cell Analysis systems (instruments, software, reagents) and understand major competitors’ platforms.
- Experience with instrumentation and assay troubleshooting and in the development of assay/workflow designs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Ability to travel 60-80%.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ