Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The Informatics team within BD Biosciences is seeking an expert Staff Software Engineer to help us develop a brand new, completely re-architected version of FlowJo based on modern web-friendly technologies with potential to integrate advanced cloud compute and AI/ML aspects. We are looking for someone with very strong technical background and confirmed experience in web-oriented technology stack. While most of the work will be on the front-end, a full stack experience is desirable to make sound architecture choices and impact beyond the front end of our application.
This work can be done remotely, most of the team is in the Pacific time zone.
- Develop well-designed, testable, and highly efficient code by incorporating software development best-practices and anticipating future needs
- Work with our design and customer experience teams to implement user interfaces and user experiences to meet or exceed design intent
- Integrate data from back-end
- Work with partners to resolve and refine functional and non-functional requirements and interpret those to create engineering specifications
- Create and maintain developer documentation and test coverage
- Take ownership in team settings to develop implementation with focus on feasibility, performance, system integration and maintainability of the solution
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends and apply those as appropriate
- BS (MS or PhD preferred) in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
- Experience developing and using REST API and GraphQL
- Technical capability with attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Collaborative teammate and culture fit, who strives to assist and unblock peers, participates in code reviews, and suggests improvements to designs, requirements, and processes, demonstrates passion for problem solving, continuous learning, adapting, and taking initiative in a rapid-pace Agile environment, and exhibits bias for action with accountability for results
- Experience with Electron development, Apollo, Webpack and Jest or a similar testing framework
- Fluent with git, experience working with teams, experience with CI/CD development pipelines
- Evidence of contributions to open-source projects
- Science background
BD Life Sciences is a leading provider of products for the safe collection and transport of diagnostics specimens, as well as instruments and reagent systems to accurately detect a broad range of infectious diseases, healthcare-associated infections and cancers. Within the BD Life Sciences segment, BD Biosciences is a world leader in bringing innovative diagnostic and research tools to life scientists, clinical researchers, laboratory professionals and clinicians who are involved in basic research, drug discovery and development, biopharmaceutical production and disease management.
The BD Biosciences unit is focused on continually advancing the science and applications associated with cellular analysis. Key products and services include fluorescence-activated cell sorters and analyzers, monoclonal antibodies and kits for cell analysis, informatics solutions and reagent systems for life science research, cell imaging systems, and culture media and supplements for biopharmaceutical manufacturing. Over the past 20 years, the Informatics team has significantly given to critical advances in medicine and life sciences through various Informatics solution including the flow cytometry data analysis tool (FlowJo®) - one of the world-wide most-popular flow cytometry data analysis tool. This tool and other solutions developed by the Informatics Platform drive immunological research, give to progress in cancer diagnostics and treatment and helped fight against HIV/AIDS and many other diseases. The candidate will be helping us develop a brand new, completely re-architected version of FlowJo based on modern web-friendly technologies with potential to integrate advanced cloud compute and AI/ML aspects.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ