Staff Engineer, R&D Lean Processes
Job Description SummaryBD Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) is seeking a highly talented and passionate Staff Engineer, R&D Processes who serves as a key cross-functional integrator to drive product and process efficiency objectives for Infusion Specialty Disposables (ISD) and across the Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) business unit. We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
BD is seeking an individual who has experience in developing and launching products in a compliant but efficient and effective manner using lean processes. This transformation has already begun, as the new Lean Design Control process has been rolled out to 850+ R&D associates, across 10+ global locations. This individual needs to be able to continue this journey and be comfortable driving cultural change through process behavior and be hands-on to ensure success.
BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The perfect candidate will have a proven record of product development and leadership in the medical device industry with a minimum of eight years of proven experience.
The candidate must have strong R&D experience developing and employing modern, lean product development methodologies and multi-functional work processes across large multi-disciplinary teams. Experience in data analytics and visualization is a plus.
This role will have the ability to build positive relationships and rapport with peers and superiors, in particular within the Quality, Operations and Regulatory functions. The candidate will have earned an undergraduate degree, preferably in engineering. An advanced degree will be advantageous.
- Establish, implement, improve, and maintain lean, compliant and modern, end-to-end R&D processes that empower teams and facilitate a streamlined user experience for teams developing different types of products around the globe.
- Lead implementation of the ISD design control process and participate in internal and 3rd party audits.
- Drive organizational change with regard to process behaviors and cultural change.
- Continuously improve the process to align with a multifaceted regulatory environment.
- Facilitate a team of MDS SMEs in the assessment and development of standard methodologies
- Deliver up to date design control training to MDS associates. Conduct train-the-trainer sessions as needed.
- Develop and guide associate shift in mentality by engaging, collaborating and mentoring associates in the development of their product development deliverables.
- Supports the monitoring of health and effectiveness by analyzing metrics and data that drive improvements.
- Support configuration and upgrades to current R&D tools and technologies.
- Develop realistic and impactful process design and implementation plans; demonstrate strong accountability for successful completion of programs with successful user uptake. Proactively develop, maintain and share knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and standard methodologies.
- Support and lead continuous improvement projects for local platforms that impact all of MDS.
- Ensure compliance with BD quality policies, procedures and practices as well as with all local, state, federal and BD safety laws, policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate program status to senior management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Deep knowledge and practical experience in the use of Medical Device Design Control regulations (CFR 820.30, ISO 13485:2016 / EU MDR; etc;) and standard methodologies
- Practical experience with streamlined and customer-centric implementation of Medical Device Design, Development and Verification & Validation (V&V)
- Experience in facilitating groups to analyze, characterize and optimize processes
- Ability to lead change, to listen, influence, align strategy and drive execution
- Proven track record of building multi-functional relationships
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills required.
- Consistent record of success using Lean Engineering principles and practices
- Experience in organizational change
- Experience in tracking metrics and their visual representation
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Action oriented with a focus on results
- Demonstrated positive work ethic with a strong commitment to achieving project goals
- BS degree in Engineering subject area, Master preferred
- 8+ years of Engineering experience in Medical Devices or regulated industry
For many roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Additional LocationsUSA CA – Brea
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ