Staff Engineer Team Lead
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- Lead a manufacturing support team to implement and coordinate improvements to existing manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Support the implementation of new processes and automation projects to the manufacturing floor.
- Support and recommend the disposition of all non-conforming products.
- Initiate and complete ECO process, including all related paperwork
- Focus on and drive specific technical or cost to win projects (CTW) in assembly, packaging, or other engineering disciplines as assigned.
- Coordinate and communicate assigned projects with the applicable departments.
- Specify and/or purchase equipment, tooling, and fixtures for process changes.
- Define project budgets, create purchase orders, and propose CTWs.
- Install and validate new equipment, tooling and fixtures for existing manufacturing process changes or replication. Responsible for documentation and training.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, as required, to complete assigned projects.
- Recognize and resolve moderate to large scoped problems using good judgment, with little management involvement and without waiting to be instructed to do so.
- Contribute new ideas, and find innovative methods to accomplish goals.
- Lead individuals to that do not report to you.
- Mentor other engineers and engineering technicians on technical and process related issues.
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including HCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Required: Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline.
Preferred: Master's degree in engineering discipline.
Required: 3 years of applicable engineering experience in medical field.
Preferred: 5 years of applicable engineering experience.
For most roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In limited circumstances, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://JOBS.BD.COM/ (https://jobs.bd.com/)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ