Product Engineer III
Job Description SummaryLeads the technical support to new product transfers and/or product development projects from the Saint Louis, MO office. Possesses technical responsibility for interpreting, planning, organizing, executing, coordinating, and carrying out technical assignments based on diversified requirements.
Location: partially-remote, coincident with corporate Covid-19 protocols, may move to be fully-onsite thereafter.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- Plans and manages development of manufacturing activities for legacy products, including:
- Provides conceptualization / develops manufacturing methods and process
- Quantifies process input/output using Design of Experiments (DOE) and other applicable analytical methods
- Validates qualitative / quantitative measurement schemes with Test Method Development / Test Method Validation and/or Gage R&R
- Coordinates process qualifications, validations, and reports (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Coordinates and conducts material and process characterizations
- Constructs manufacturing line design, process flow mapping, and capacity analysis
- Works with equipment and tooling designers and provides design input and/or directly designs process fixtures and gauges
- Coordinates equipment installation and implements Preventive Maintenance procedures
- Coordinates packaging and labeling validations
- Coordinates and executes design verifications and validations, as needed
- Works with and coordinates efforts from Quality, Regulatory, Sterility Assurance, Biocompatibility and other specialized functional groups during project execution
- Generates change control documentation to support changes on existing products.
- Leads and participates in Root Cause Analysis and investigation
- Generates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), manufacturing procedures, and is familiar with GMP regulations
- Works with Finance and Marketing team to capture and develop project financials
- Collaborates with Procurement and Planning organization to assure consistent and reliable supply
- Estimates project expense and capital needs and executes expenditures
- Able to navigate a variety of manufacturing process, such as Milling, Turning, Grinding, Molding, Forging, EDM
- Competently develops / refines tolerancing of manufactured components
- Generates capability analyses and identifies / optimizes sources of variation
- Implements and refines product traceability matrices and identifies design inputs
- Implements and refines Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (FMEA); characterizes and understands acceptable risk; implements risk mitigations, as necessary
- Optimizes product Cost of Goods and Services (COGS) to achieve financial targets
- Identifies and executes on cost improvement opportunities
- Supports internal and external manufacturing sites, as assigned
- Special projects, as assigned
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Engineering Post Graduate Degree (Masters / PhD)
- Lean / Six sigma Training/Certification
- Project Management Training/Certification (PMP)
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Material science /polymer science / metallurgy experience
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent.
5+ years of experience in the following areas of the Medical device or pharmaceutical industries:
New Product Transfers
Product / Process Development
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://JOBS.BD.COM/ (https://jobs.bd.com/)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MO - St Louis
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 830am-5pm (United States of America)
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ