Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical)
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Implementation of project and process support activities toward attainment of departmental and plant goals. Primary focus in areas of capacity expansion, quality/waste improvement and cost improvement programs. Required to handle multiple assignments of varying scope and complexity.
To be successful in this role the responsibilities and duties:
- Has an executable understanding of TPM and LEAN manufacturing tools and their use in combination with opportunity data to drive continuous improvement for productivity and/or exceeding budgeted goals. Leads and coaches LTAs and MTs in the use of these tools to always understand and address the top three issues on the manufacturing lines within his/her department.
- Has a clear understanding of the role of engineering in a manufacturing environment and the importance his/her role in proactively driving and leading others for improvement to hit all SQDC related goals. Safety and Quality are always the first priorities, but mechanical engineers are expected to lead and drive reliability and consistency to achieve daily OEE and scrap goals.
- Acts as a safety leader for all technical associates and sets the example for safe work habits and rule compliance to always keep safety the number one priority.
- Ensures that all preventative maintenance is completed on his/her assigned areas of responsibility in an accurate and timely fashion. Assesses each unplanned downtime event for design improvement or potential changes to the PM to prevent similar events ongoing.
- Responsible for the recommendation of capital equipment or process modifications, their physical installation, debugging and associated training of production personnel.
- Is responsible for generating annual “Cost to Win” productivity ideas to reduce costs or increase performance in our continued quest for year over year productivity improvement.
- Responsible for coordinating activities between equipment vendors, Division R & D and plant functional departments on his/her assignments and projects.
- Design and implementation of machine improvements and capital equipment project management activities.
- Accountable for spending (capital or expense) within approved limits on programs.
- Assists in the preparation and submittal of capital appropriation requests projects as required. Prepares a three-to-five-year capital need strategy for production equipment that will keep operations running high quality in a reliable fashion.
- Implements reliability opportunities and leverages learnings with other engineering personnel for application on lines with similar opportunities.
- Advises personnel in the troubleshooting and maintenance of cam driven mechanisms, pneumatics, and servo driven assemblies.
- Establishes which elements comprising a job are suitable for in-house fabrication or revision and which items would be best contracted. Secures quotations and selects contractors accordingly.
Essential knowledge and experience to perform in this role:
- Has a confirmed knowledge and understanding and compliance with established plant safety standards. Including but not limited to: Lockout / Tag-Out, NFPA 70E Electrical Safe Work Practices, and OSHA Subpart “O” for proper machine guarding.
- Has an applicable knowledge and ability to utilize AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks for mechanical design improvements.
- Possesses high mechanical aptitude and analytical troubleshooting techniques to quickly hone in on the root cause of unplanned failures. Supports the plant manufacturing effort, with proven track record to identify problems and execute root cause resolution including preventative solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Understands and employs proven engineering principles in part design, problem resolution, and while working with vendors. Utilizes proven judgement based on proper engineering calculations and data-based decision making.
- Required to have awareness of product performance and quality requirements.
- As required within the scope of their duty, will be responsible for all associated documentation, including however not limited to, the following: Validations, Operations Procedures, Preventive Maintenance schedules, Engineering Change Notifications, spare parts listings, etc.
- Required to develop a firm understanding of all equipment for which they are responsible to include set-up, adjustment, and assessment of improvements.
- Performs other duties as the need arises by the Engineering Supervisor. Advises the efforts of support personnel such as machinists and technicians, etc. in the modification, adjustment, removal, and installation of new or existing equipment as the need arises.
- Reports to the Business Unit Engineering Manager.
- BA/BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of three years relevant manufacturing experience.
- Six Sigma green or black belt certification preferred.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visithttps://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson, and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA SC - Sumter
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ