Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply! Come join our Team!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Responsible for set-up and maintenance of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems on equipment used in the production process. Works directly with the Engineering to monitor and improve processes for output and waste levels. Responsible for providing leadership and ownership of process performance issues. Reports directly to Production Maintenance (engineering) and indirectly to Production.
- Provide support to set-up and maintain pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems on production equipment. Responsible for the maintenance of all electrical systems used on production equipment.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance on designated production equipment as specified in the PM Program or as the need arises to ensure a smooth operation.
- Assists Engineering with the installation, debugging, and start-up of all production equipment.
- Maintains equipment logs on assigned equipment, recording pertinent information about downtime and maintenance problems. Documents all process changes using approved control change procedures.
- (Sharps Departments Only) Responsible for mixing silicone/solvent based formulation which is used for the lubrication of needles. Uses viscometer to ensure solids percentage remains within acceptable parameters.
- Supports Engineering in maintaining and adjusting vision systems within defined parameters.
- Provide leadership to ensure all safety and environmental procedures and Quality System Requirements (QSR) are maintained.
- Provides Production Supervisors with relevant information on equipment and process performance, to include production and waste information.
- Provide leadership to other associates in problem solving of production equipment.
- Coordinates and supports other maintenance activities as the need arises.
- High School diploma / GED
- Proven knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs, trouble shooting, and maintenance.
Applied Technologies - 4
Locating Information - 5
Observation - 5
Reading For Information - 5
- Associate Degree (Mechatronics or similar subject area)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
For most roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In limited circumstances, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Primary Work LocationUSA SC - Sumter
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ