Patient Collections Representative II (Remote)
Job Description SummaryBD Interventional (BDI) focus on leading innovation and life-enhancing devices in the field of surgical, endovascular, urological and critical care interventions aiming at advancing the treatment of high burden diseases and enabling surgical and interventional procedures.
The Patient Collections Representative will support Urology & Critical Care. Liberator Medical offers a wide range of products which optimize the urine drainage process in areas of Ostomy and Urology.
As a Patient Collections Representative, you will review open patient balances for accuracy and attempt to collect payment via outbound reach to the patient, communicate any discrepancies in regard to the patient’s insurance to the Accounts Receivable (AR) team for investigation, support inbound patient calls as needed.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Actively review patient account balances and place outbound call in attempt to collect or set up payment plan for patient.
Investigate patient billing inquiries and communicate findings effectively.
Assist with inbound call volume as needed to support patient inquiries.
Thoroughly document patient accounts of actions taken to collect and/or of billing status.
Have a clear understanding of Medicare Guidelines and Payer Requirements.
Identify trends along with potential resolution and effectively communicate to leadership.
Complete all internal system service ticket requests as assigned.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere that embodies BD Core Values.
Maintain standard production and quality expectations set for the department.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 1 years of outbound patient collections experience
- Strong and Professional Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Exceptional listening skills with a calm demeaner and the ability to deescalate heightened conversations.
- Understanding of Insurance EOBs and Denial Reasoning.
- Ability to navigate and enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership and peers.
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to perform essential job function with high degree of independence, flexibility, and creative problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to follow written directive through job aids and other training material.
- Ability to apply intermediate math skills.
- Strong PC Skills, with minimum of moderate Excel knowledge.
- Ability to utilize or knowledge of call center telecommunications software; including outbound dialer.
- Review and Comprehend Medical Records.
- Ability to work remotely with functioning internet capabilities.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 – 5:00 PM EST.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA FL - Stuart Airport Road
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ