Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryDesign Engineer II will assist the design and engineering solutions for high-volume medical device products. (S)he, under the mentorship of a lead or senior engineer, will deliver relevant solutions to new and existing products through design iterations, risk-retirement using first principles engineering, technical analyses/FMEA and verification of the design. The Design Engineer will learn and utilize BD’s stage gate Global Product Development System and use DFM/DFSS and relevant engineering tools to deliver a high quality, robust and cost-effective design and will partner cross-functionally to execute all aspects of product development. They will also ensure successful design-transfer into manufacturing.
• Participate in design efforts over the continuum of product development; Coordinate, deliver, plan & communicate R&D deliverables on the program and maintain collaborative relationships with the cross-functional team (i.e., Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing Technology, Operations etc.).
• Deliver design solutions to meet customer requirements and verify that specifications for product systems, subsystems, interfaces, and components meet customer requirements and maintain traceability throughout the development process.
• Deliver design solutions that optimize product design, material selection, product features, process design and human factor needs.
• Analyze the design and utilize robust engineering principles to ensure that the design is optimized to satisfy product and business requirements.
• Implement DFSS rigor throughout the design selection, optimization, and development process, leveraging and deploying empirical, statistical, and analytical tools which will improve design decisions, trade-offs, robustness and reduce design iterations and/or cycle times.
• Ensure the design considerations are embedding all applicable DFX (Design for Excellence) aspects including manufacturability, serviceability, reliability, and safety.
• Provide technical ownership for product design aspects for developmental and commercial products within the platforms throughout their entire lifecycle. Resolve technical problems. Create solutions for technical problems using systematic problem-solving methodologies and engineering principles.
• Develop subject matter expertise and stay current with new technologies and material advancements. Participate in research and assessment of the industry landscape from IP, regulatory, product, and technology standpoint. Collaborate on technical reviews at the various stages of Design and development.
• Follow Design Control for medical devices to ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, international, and internal safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Write detailed technical reports based on design verification analysis/testing for design changes and product design activities.
• Develop and execute test methods which specify measurement equipment, test set-up, measurement systems analysis, and data analysis.
Primary Work LocationIND Bangalore - Technology Campus
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.