Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
- R&D Core team member on Cost to Win (Value Engineering) and Sustaining engineering projects with technical ownership of R&D deliverables and leading technicians. Projects include, but are not limited to, supporting Advanced Access Devices product lines, supply chain, and operations.
- Identify the best tools and approaches to effectively solve engineering problems to develop/optimize designs by leveraging appropriate mix of first principles / analytical, computational and experimental methods.
- Lead and ensure implementation and rigor of design control best practices with compliance to BD quality policies and procedures through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound quality assurance principals.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Quality systems processes: Ensure implementation of quality systems processes including design controls and change control.
- Project planning: Ensure quality and accuracy of integrated project plans encompassing all cross-functional activities and associated resource requirements.
- Project management: Be accountable for timely delivery of project deliverables for which is responsible as specified in the project plans.
- Stakeholder Management: Identify project stake holders, establish and monitor stakeholder engagement
- Technology transfer: Ensure efficient and effective transition from research to development to manufacturing in locations throughout the world
- Process effectiveness: Ensure appropriate processes are followed for effective and timely engagement of other parts of the company in project activities.
- Innovation: Develop and apply innovative approaches to ensure best outcomes in all aspects of the role. Support an environment in which innovation can flourish through empowerment, encouragement, and support.
- Proactively develop, maintain & share technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up to date on current trends and best practices.
- Develop and apply innovative approaches to ensure the effective capture, retention and communication of technical and project knowledge generated (tacit & implicit).
- Responsible for developing and implementing critical component changes for high volume, disposable medical devices.
- Influence others: Demonstrate strong persuasion and timing skills. Remain open to be persuaded when appropriate.
- Inclusive work environment: Promote and leverage diversity to achieve best outcomes.
- Leadership courage: Demonstrate and promote leadership courage by doing what is right. Engage those who disagree to persuade or be persuaded. Instill confidence in associates and customers.
- Dealing with ambiguity: Demonstrate agility and action orientation when facing change and uncertainty. Effectively manage change and instill confidence.
- Analyze design solutions using engineering first principles and advanced engineering methods
- Write detailed technical reports based on design verification analysis/testing for design changes and product design activities
- Develop and execute test methods which specify measurement equipment, test set-up, measurement systems analysis, and data analysis
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical judgment.
- Team orientation.
- Broad and deep understanding of disciplined change control processes, regulatory, and quality requirements.
- Strong motivational fit.
- Strong fit with BD values.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in related technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in engineering/technical field, preferably in the medical device industry with successful track record of project task delivery.
Primary Work LocationIND Bangalore - Technology Campus
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.