Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The Design Engineer II will assist in the successful requirements generation, development, verification, and validation of high-volume single use disposable medical products. The Design Engineer will learn and utilize BD’s stage gate framework (GPDS) Global Product Development System and use DFM/DFSS and relevant engineering tools to deliver a high quality, cost-effective designs and will partner with a cross-functional team to design-transfer successful designs into manufacturing.
A 4-year engineering degree in relevant field is required (i.e., Systems, Mechanical/Industrial & Production/Bio-medical/Chemical/Materials Engineering/ Instrumentation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in end-to-end product development, scope of product development ranging from user needs gathering to Design transfer to manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Systems Engineer/ equivalent role in regulated industry like medical device, aerospace, or department of defense.
- Contribute towards the development and maintenance of user needs and design input requirements.
- Key contributor in ensuring design output specifications, risk assessment documents, usability and V&V documentation, and other technical documentation meet design inputs.
- Participate in efforts to develop (and author) user needs and intended uses as well as other stakeholder need statements.
- Contribute to decomposing of (and author) needs statements into technical design input requirements.
- Conducts cross-functional technical meetings to vet design trade-offs and proposed solution. Advocates, conducts, and participates in Technical Reviews.
- Develops and maintains System Architecture documentation, including interface diagram, functional diagram etc.
- Execute Risk Management activities to ensure that design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Collaborate with a diverse technical team to create, update, and maintain documentation that is or will become part of the product design history file (DHF) for a Medication Delivery Solution (MDS) product.
- Work with subsystem teams, domain subject matter experts, and suppliers in the identification, logging, assessment, and resolution of integration and test issues.
- Provide technical leadership for product design, development, integration, testing, and reliability improvements.
- Respond rapidly and flexibly to emerging issues in production, quality, engineering, or supply chain.
- Create and review process, design, and fixture documentation including work guidelines, specifications, and CAD models / drawings.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of basic statistical techniques including familiarity with analysis of variance (ANOVA) and design of experiment (DOE) methodologies & ability to analyze, organize and present large amounts of data in a clear and concise manner.
- Multiple end-to-end new product development and sustenance engineering experience
- Disciplined and well organized in documentation in a regulated environment.
- Ability to execute concurrently multiple projects and manage priorities.
- Strong Verbal & Written communication skills.
Desired / Additional Skills & Knowledge (Not essential to the job but will be an advantage to possess)
- Led/Participated/Designed in voice of customer gathering, requirements management and risk management activities as part of product development.
Any additional Information (Specially if needed for Quality or legal purposes)
- -Not Applicable-
Primary Work LocationIND Bangalore - Technology Campus
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.