Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Senior Systems Verification and validation engineer will be accountable for all Systems (software and hardware) verification and validation (V&V) activities and work you're doing in New Product Development and Sustaining Engineering. The Sr. Systems V&V engineer will actively participate in one or more teams and also initiate and lead sessions to analyze and renew our way of working.
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become amaker of possiblewith us!
Our vision forIntegrated Diagnostics Solutionsat BD
By aligning and simplifying our work, our Integrated Diagnostic Solutions (IDS) business unit aims to drive growth and innovation around everything from integrated specimen management to diagnostic solutions.
About the role
The key goal as Lead System Verification and Validation is to build product / solution verification and validation strategies in line with Agile system engineering standard methodologies and in compliance with medical device regulations, ensure professional execution of the system validation work in these projects; developing, guiding and mentoring the associates in the department to ensure project success and support the associates’ individual career development.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Handles system V&V activities for sophisticated projects
- Takes part in risk management meetings
- Builds System V&V plan and summary report
- CAPA owner or task owner
- Deploy outstanding system validation strategies and principles
- Grow functional excellence, through cross-site benchmarking, mentoring, training
- Supports in allocation of resources across the various projects, aligning personnel capabilities
- Communicates with project leads on progress, status of objects under validation
- Embrace a culture of continuous systems and process improvement, quality, and execution.
- Closely collaborate with project leads, other test engineers, developers and functional analysts.
- Develop and ensure accurate use of tools and systems
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in relevant Engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in verification and validation, preferable in medical device, pharma or biotech environment
- Project management experience, preferably in new product development projects
- Experience in working in a QMS regulated environment
- Demonstrated expertise in managing technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven track record to implement change (project and process)
- Skills to influencing, persuade and constructively challenge plans and co-workers based on technical expertise and sound communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, communications and scheduling skills.
- Excellent command of English language
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit:https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationNLD Drachten - Marconilaan
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.