Associate Director, Global BD Excellence
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
Our vision for Supply Chain at BD
The Supply Chain team are responsible to bringing billions of life-saving medical devices and diagnostics tests, high-tech instruments and equipment to customers and patients all over the world. Our aim is deliver these products at an affordable cost and of the highest quality.
About the role
This position represents an extraordinary opportunity for a passionate, highly motivated, and positive individual to become a member of BD’s global Operational Excellence (OPEX) community.
Reporting to the Global BD Excellence Senior Director the ideal candidate will be passionate about creating a culture of operational and customer excellence, implementing change, and driving Continuous Improvement across the network through BD Excellence.
This strong operational excellence and continuous improvement identity will be created through the application of LEAN production and CI principles, methodologies, and associated tools, to ensure sustainable optimization of performance in the areas of quality, delivery, and cost, whilst improving safety.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Lead and support Kaizen Initiatives across BD
- Define priorities and strategy to optimize labor efficiency
- Develop and implement of a strategic plan for continuous improvement of the value streams for each of the plants primary product manufacturing processes and ensure that they are optimized from a throughput and waste (OEE) perspective
- Own the Maintenance Excellence initiatives focusing on optimizing results and cost across all BD sites
- Cost to Win (CTW) initiative, ensures all plants in scope have 3-year funnel, delivering required impact annually in CI
- Work closely with plant managers, plant OPEX managers, finance, category managers to ensure CTW savings are realized by mentoring and coaching
- Participate in shaping and deploying BD Excellence roadmap, leading Kaizen events and initiatives to enable performance improvement
- Conduct regular reviews of Key Performance Indicators and actions for all plants - coach plant associates to ensure performance goals are achieved and conduct Zero Loss Workshops
- Guide associates to develop grow BD Production System capability and help site leadership teams build strategic vision, ensuring alignment through cascading critical metrics top down and bottom up
- Support global component centers-of-excellence (COEs): develop standards and best practices; optimize methodologies for manufacturing technologies, ensure deploying sites establish and maintain appropriate component KPIs, maintain and promote visibility of global component impact.
- Drive collaboration with the Business Units (Engineering/Manufacturing) and other functional departments to generate and maintain a multiyear portfolio of cost savings projects based on Zero Loss to meet plant objectives.
You will have 10+ years’ of manufacturing experience / leadership experience in a plant and proven experience operating a production system (certified or recognized as a Production System practitioner).
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Set of skills in BDPS and /or has knowledge in one or more areas of Operational Excellence / LEAN production
- Expertise in problem solving, as well as training and coaching others
- Experience in implementing, and solid understanding of, Lean and Six Sigma business systems. Six sigma black belt certification preferred
- Proven passion for safety, customer centricity and operational excellence
- Consistent track record in project or program management
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationESP Huesca - Fraga
Additional LocationsBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86, CHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne, DEU Heidelberg - Tullastrasse, ESP Zaragoza, GBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate, POL Warsaw - ul. Osmanska, POL Wroclaw - Legnicka
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ