Global Marketing Director, Research Reagents
Job Description SummaryWe are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
Our vision for Global Marketing Director, Research Reagents at BD:
The incumbent will lead a team of several marketers to provide direction and oversight across the portfolio on both upstream and downstream activities. They will also serve as a project leader for key strategic projects as well as annual strategic planning on key deliverables such as Portfolio Review, Annual Strategic Review, Annual Marketing Plan and Marketing Budget.
The Global Marketing Director will lead the global marketing function for Life Science Research Reagents (LSRR) in a fast-growing dynamic industry. The incumbent will be accountable for providing critical input in running the LSRR portfolio, including portfolio strategy, new product development, developing and driving marketing plans, and developing vital marketing competencies within the organization. They will be a critical member of the LSRR Leadership Team representing worldwide marketing for portfolio, go-to-market and commercial execution related decisions and investments.
Business & Portfolio Strategy
- Play a crucial role in refinement and execution of the LSRR go-to market (GTM) strategy and product launches in collaboration with the Research Solution Marketing Teams, Regional Commercial Teams and other functions.
- Co-lead with R&D the annual Portfolio Review process including evaluation and financial analysis of new concepts in conjunction with the broader portfolio of projects in development.
- Be responsible for and contribute to financial analysis of business results and innovation cases, including category share, revenue forecasts, pricing and exclusivity, sensitivity analysis, and budget.
- Contribute to demand forecasting as part of an integrated global S&OP process.
- Involved in the development of materials for periodic management reviews with the LSRR Leadership, Research Solutions Platform, BDB LT and senior leadership.
- Accountable for leading, overseeing, mentoring and developing a team of marketers.
Where to Play
- Identification of unmet needs, customer segmentation, customer journey mapping, and pipeline assessments in collaboration with the Regions and Research Solutions Platform.
- Develop and refine market models and revenue forecasts for both existing and new organic and inorganic opportunities.
- Lead all aspects of competitive benchmarking and market trend analyses to advise on new product concepts, line extensions and positioning of commercialized products.
- Be responsible for and lead immersion and activation of global customer segmentation solution.
- Collaborate with BDB leadership and Platforms to scout, analyze and develop arguments for new technologies, product lines and strategic partnerships/M&A.
How to Win
- Analyze business and customer survey results including category share, promotional results, market research findings, competitive activity, etc. to advise on portfolio and go-to-market strategies.
- Provide product marketing and brand management knowledge, experience, tools and guidance to build sustainable competitive advantage.
- Be responsible for development of product roadmaps, including generating new product concepts with associated cases to support portfolio review and annual strategic review.
- Provide SME level strategic marketing knowledge, experience, tools and guidance in the global product development projects.
- Lead and/or supervise ideation, development and refinement of the brand platform including positioning, brand identity and message platform.
- Coordinate development of economic value proposition and systematic segment-specific pricing guidance to optimize revenue/margin.
- Analyze marketing channels and activities and recommend optimal marketing mix for brand activation, share of voice and spend levels with increased focus on web/digital.
Marketing Plan Execution
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan, tactical plan and handle budget for platform/products.
- Be responsible for development and execution of operational marketing tactical plan for LSRR and handle promotional budget.
- Responsible for marketing mix strategy and development and communication of the brand strategy through relevant media, advertising placement, etc., including e-commerce and digital strategy.
- Drive development of best-in-class market shaping strategy.
- Supervise development of promotional and sales materials and activities for LSRR products including tradeshow/congress strategy and execution and public relations strategy.
- Lead all aspects of prioritization and development of publication strategy and KOL engagement in collaboration with Medical/Scientific Affairs.
- Evaluate marketing activities and refine plan according to relevant metrics/KPIs to ensure consistent delivery of marketing mix.
- Coordinate market research to assess awareness and perception and advise on development/refinement of LSRR and platform/product brand and product development.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA required with a concentration in marketing or strategy.
- 10 years of business experience in the life sciences or medical device industry, including 7-10 years in marketing, new product commercialization, product marketing or strategic planning
- Professional experience in the fields of Immunology or Immuno-oncology preferred. Experience in flow cytometers is a plus.
- Experience in e-commerce and digital marketing preferred.
- Shown success in upstream and downstream marketing, including ability to partner with R&D and supervise/lead teams on new product development, including product roadmaps and product development activities supporting each stage gate.
- Consistent track record in successful brand development and strategic downstream marketing launches, including customer segmentation, targeting, value proposition development, positioning, promotion, pricing, forecast, budget and performance management.
- Collaborate with regional marketing and sales organizations.
- Validated success in building and leading a strong team as well as mentoring and developing talents.
- Demonstrated strategic approach, organized problem solver with strategic agility.
- Demonstrated success leading and supporting cross-functional teams; strong partnership orientation.
- Organized, process-driven collaborative, strong multi-tasking, internally motivated, committed and drives for results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to produce and deliver high quality presentations to senior management.
- Ability to travel 15-25% (domestic & international)
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organization’s investment in BD University, you will continually level up your tech skills and expertise.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and push to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ