Job Description SummaryThe Materials Manager role will have primary responsibility for purchasing and production planning activities for New Product Development at the Diabetes Care Headquarters to achieve business objectives, customer service goals, and optimize inventory. This role requires a natural leader and facilitator who is driven and innovative with excellent communication skills. Includes proactive risk mitigation, supply execution oversight, forecasting, capacity planning, and monitoring and reporting of results.
This role will be directly responsible for purchasing of raw materials for R&D and Operations functions, as well as production planning of work orders to be completed by Operations personnel. This role will directly oversee the warehouse team, responsible for receiving of raw materials, inventory storage and management, kitting of work orders for production, and shipping of product for sterilization. In addition, this role will be the point person on launching a site ERP system, transferring the current parts into this system, and maintaining the Master Data.
- Work closely with Operations Manager, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineering, and R&D to set weekly and monthly production schedules, as well as milestone production plans
- Meets regularly with Operations and R&D Management to review changing demand and schedule adjustments resulting from the unexpected (e.g., delayed raw material delivery).
- Must understand both project and financial implication of any schedule changes.
- Lead effort to launch site ERP system and migrate current system
- Subject matter expert in material master data including Manufacturing data creation and maintenance, Manufacturing BOM doc linkage, Purchase parts BOM creation, and Purchase parts BOM doc linkages
- Directly manages site warehouse and team, including processes of receiving, material handling and storage, work order kitting, shipping, and inventory transactions
- Drives twice-weekly production scheduling meetings with functional representatives
- Supports all plant safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals
- Lead Kaizen events and drive continuous improvement efforts with Operations to improve inventory accuracy, material flow, and turns
- Maintain and publish inventory status, including clear-to-build trackers for review
- Own the nonconforming material/MRB process, ensuring timely disposition of rejected material from supplier and assist R&D/Operations/Quality on corrective actions and recovery plans as needed
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 5+ years of work experience in purchasing, materials planning and supply chain management. Medical device experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems; SAP experience is preferred
- APICS certification is preferred
- Very strong communication skills to influence external and internal suppliers and customers to minimize and eliminate all supply chain risks
- Good problem-solving skills to resolve planning and procurement as well as supplier issues
- Knowledge of LEAN, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and continuous improvement initiatives. Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and tasks and demonstrate flexibility in a changing business environment. Models a positive can-do attitude and is cooperative both within their function and company-wide
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a strong commitment and dedication to the organization on a consistent basis
- Willing to travel as needed
- BS. Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Planning, or equivalent
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://JOBS.BD.COM/ (https://jobs.bd.com/)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MA - Andover
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ