Global Market Development Leader (MDx & WHC)
Job Description SummaryThe Global Market Development Leader reports to the WW Market Development Director – Molecular Diagnostics (MDx) and Women’s Health and Cancer (WHC) within BD’s Integrated Diagnostic Solutions business unit. This vital role is responsible for leading Upstream marketing projects across both the MDX & WHC platforms. These projects range from concept development through definition of product requirements and product specifications on new product development projects. During concept development work, the role with partner closely with colleagues from Business Development, Finance, R&D, Medical Affairs, and downstream Marketing from both platforms to identify unmet needs, propose solutions, and develop business cases that support portfolio prioritization. The Leader will also serve as the marketing representative on project teams executing concepts approved by the business, working cross-functionally within a matrix organization to ensure that a customer-centric solution is delivered.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- Development of deep knowledge of customer needs and workflows across molecular diagnostics and cervical cancer screening (Cytology and HPV).
- Ongoing sensing of market trends and drivers, competitive intelligence, disruptive technologies across geographies and market segments
- Synthesize customer input by conducting VoC and execution of project-specific market research (e.g. RFP development, support study execution, own the synthesis of the results).
- Development of bottoms-up market models to quantify opportunity as input to NPV model.
- Partner with downstream and regional marketing from the Molecular Diagnostics and Women’s Health and Cancer Platforms to align on and build Target Product Profiles during Concept Phase.
- Represent marketing and be “the voice of the customer” on cross-functional project teams during translation of the Target Product Profile into Product Requirements and Product Specifications.
- Execute marketing results from Concept through Development Phases (completion of product specifications), including leading the development of the following: product requirements, product specifications, market assessment, customer targeting and segmentation, messaging, launch plan, market shaping and evidence plan.
- Support smooth transition of marketing handoff from upstream to downstream team as a new product development project moves into V&V and launch preparation.
- Provide inputs for development of marketing budgets.
Key Leadership Qualities include:
- Demonstrate and promote leadership courage by doing what is right. Instill confidence in associates and customers.
- Proven track record to prioritize and drive diverse cross functional teams.
- Taking care of ambiguity: Demonstrate agility and action orientation when facing change and uncertainty; effectively manage change and instill confidence; take calculated risks.
- Influence others without direct authority: Intuitively and quickly assess people and situations and act accordingly; demonstrate strong persuasion and timing skills.
- Display strong analytical and strategic thinking and reinforce this behavior in matrix interactions.
- 6-8 years of professional business experience, five (5) of which in a related health care industry. Minimum of 2 years in healthcare strategic marketing or similar.
- Advanced degree preferred, either M.B.A. with focus on Marketing, Healthcare Management or Finance OR Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or similar.
- Ideal profile for the role has healthcare experience in a top tier management consulting firm and/or corporate strategy or strategic marketing experience in a leading diagnostic company.
- Marketing experience with molecular diagnostics and/or cervical cancer screening (including HPV) and exposure to phase-gated product development of medical devices helpful.
- Familiarity with US reimbursement process helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to influence sophisticated cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep, rigorous, analytical analysis that drives business function improvement, growth opportunity identification, and strategy development.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- Experience with financial models, financial analysis and market analysis.
Come Work With Us!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to encouraging an inclusive, growth-centered, and exciting culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is crafted to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ