Job Description SummaryThe Process Scientist is responsible for working as part of an R&D team in the design transfer of reagent and consumable manufacture processes to an Operations team. With leadership from a R&D manager, this individual will play an integral role in designing and executing experiments to comprehend and optimize the formulations, manufacture and packaging of reagents and consumables associated with IVD molecular diagnostic devices. The successful individual will also assist in demonstrating the robust performance and stability of product using established quality policies and procedures and will be responsible for the documentation of summary reports; manufacturing, quality control and standard operating procedures; and verification/validation protocols and reports associated with development of successful products. The candidate will be expected to work with limited supervision and apply experiential knowledge to analyze, interpret and communicate work products to a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have strong experimental design/analysis, documentation and verification/validation skills and will be able to work across disciplines/functions to apply best practices toward design transfer of product to manufacture.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies knowledge in scientific/engineering theories and innovative ideas to the execution of process development and design transfer to manufacture across multiple product development efforts to meet business objectives.
- Collaborates with representatives from R&D, Operations, Quality and Engineering to develop and execute on process development and design transfer plans that are aligned with product requirements, specifications, manufacture capability, quality policies/procedures and best practices.
- Applies effective and efficient experimental designs and analyses using appropriate tools and statistical robustness. Develops and/or adapts procedures to meet specific objectives and solve problems.
- Interprets experimental results to determine appropriate course of action. Acts as a sounding board for testing scientific hypotheses and as a stimulus for the highest caliber of scientific rigor.
- Formulates and conducts systematic investigation of problem areas of considerable complexity which may require application of a series of complex and conceptually related studies.
- May assist in the development of policies/procedures to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives.
- Considers trade-offs between product features, product cost & manufacturability, project schedule, and resource availability when providing input to approach.
- Drafts documents for Design Input, Design Verification, Design Validation, and Design Transfer. Also documents executive summary reports that outline approach, results and conclusions associated with aspects of design development and optimization.
- Provides input into the establishment and implementation of SOPs for manufacturing processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Interfaces with other departments and internal/external partners to facilitate product development.
- May be responsible for the maintenance of complex laboratory equipment and facilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of, and experience in, process development associated with medical devices. Demonstrated ability to apply innovative approaches to diagnostic product development.
- Knowledge of current state-of-the-art in nucleic acid extraction and amplification technologies as well as design and development of qualitative and quantitative real time PCR in-vitro diagnostic assays.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new scientific and technological approaches.
- Mastery of scientific method, experimental design, data analysis, and results interpretation.
- Understanding of the theory of measurement, sources of error, and comparative advantages of different methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within teams, across functions and with technical and business leaders.
- At least one year of experience, preferably (3) years of research and development.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 52/54 Loveton Circle
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ