Sr Technology Solution Engineer
Job Description SummarySr. Technology Solution Engineer will be a part of BD's R&D Software Engineering team for the development of software tools and algorithms for medical diagnostic instruments. They will develop, deploy and maintain software applications to support product development and R&D needs.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with key stakeholders to specify, plan, design, develop, test, and support software components as assigned.
- Responsible for implementation of IT solution designs or improvements to existing R&D IT tools and software products; facilitates the implementation of more complex subsystems and systems.
- Collaborates with other application and instrument development teams to develop and utilize common tools and shared components.
- Suggests improvements or adaptations to existing methods or processes to improve productivity.
- Establishes and clarification of specifications for assigned work tasks.
- Assists in the design direction or modifications of software system components.
- Works with team leadership to establish necessary test specifications and requirements for software product validation of designs.
- Participates in decisions on the scope of work, duration of tasks, and determination of requirements.
- Participates in code inspections and technical reviews.
- Presents material on new or enhanced designs to members of the project team.
- Presents data and design reviews to management as needed.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in IT, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Windows development environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in PC and Operating System image development.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Server management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in networking and security management.
Experience with one or more of the following is desirable:
- Desktop tier 3 support
- Cyber Security
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic with a commitment to achieving project goals.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills- verbal, written, and listening
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Has a general background in software development life cycle process.
- Good team player.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ