Vice President, Market Access and Payment Policy
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
In order to ensure optimal adoption of the BD portfolio through all stages of the development lifecycle from product inception to launch, the company relies on an integrated approach to market access and payment policy. The Vice President of Market Access and Payment Policy is responsible for shaping payment policy, facilitating payment pathways (securing coding, coverage, payment and reimbursement) and engaging with commercial payers. The leader will manage a global team and work closely with business leaders and cross-functional teams to ensure access to medical technologies that improve health care delivery and patient outcomes
This role is also responsible for partnering with regional colleagues that manage these activities at the country level in order to drive strategic planning and tactical execution. The Vice President also collaborates with counterparts in other functions, including Marketing, R&D, Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs. It is expected that the Vice President’s time will be divided by regions and countries commensurate with BD's business priorities.
- Work with senior business leaders to assess market access and payment policy priorities both during the annual worldwide business planning process and throughout the fiscal year.
- Lead the definition of market access and payment policy strategies across BD's portfolio.
- Assess market access requirements for priority BD products and solutions throughout the stages of the product development lifecycle and ensure that key cross-functional departments are well informed in order to guide product development.
- Analyze policies, payment pathways, rules and payment rates that create opportunities and risks for BD and its customers and provide insights to business, regional and corporate leaders in order to inform business strategy.
- Lead the shaping of global payment policies and pathways to ensure favorable access to and reimbursement for BD products.
- Ensure that market access strategies are developed that create positive business outcomes.
- Deliver coverage, coding, payment and reimbursement expertise for all relevant products.
- Provide strategic insight into product design, regulatory pathways and marketing strategies in partnership with new product innovation teams.
- Ensure that BD successfully engages relevant payers (both government and private) resulting in positive payer policy coverage for BD products.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with large national and regional payers to increase and strengthen BD’s visibility with payers as well as incorporate and leverage key payers’ insights into winning market access strategy.
- Continue the growth and development of the U.S. Market Access (payer engagement) team Oversee and ensure the creation and deployment of market access tools with the commercial sales infrastructure to remove reimbursement obstacles and challenges for end-user customers.
- Represent BD before national and international policymakers, payers, trade associations and other external organizations.
- Hire, develop and manage a team of market access and payment policy professionals.
Proven track record of contributing to growth through the creation of effective market access strategies and shaping favorable payment pathways
Thorough understanding of global market access considerations for health care products with an ability to create a successful market access strategy across all regions - medical device/diagnostic experience is strongly preferred
Track record of successfully leading diverse medium to large teams (3-5 years minimum)
Demonstrated capability and experience developing, managing and collaborating with teams in market access disciplines
Significant experience with both payment policy/coding as well as downstream market access leading to commercial execution
Excellent oral and written communication capabilities that have been leveraged with external customers and internal stakeholders
Global mindset and ability to lead within a matrixed organization
Established relationships with public and private payers
15 years of experience in health care market access disciplines with global responsibility
BA/BS with advanced degree preferred
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ