Job Description SummaryThis internship is for 6 - 12 month assignment, not just a summer opportunity.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
This position assists with R&D engineering activities and performs tasks associated with those activities. Tasks may include the development and implementation of test methods, assists with performing thermophysical analysis (DMA, DSC, TGA), chemical and analytical measurements of medical device materials, as well as R&D-scale compounding, injection molding, and extrusion.
- Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with internal & external customer and support staff.
- Participates on cross-functional teams.
- Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment.
- Assists in developing physical and functional test requirements to assure specifications & regulations are met.
- Writes and reviews protocols, reports and data.
- Conducts testing outlined in protocols and test methods.
- Executes validation studies on equipment & processes.
- Executes design controls.
- Analyzes design inputs.
- Trains on, understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and provides recommendations to training on department & division procedures, and policies.
- Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions.
Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Material Science preferred.
Exposure to specific specialized analytical chemistry and material science characterization skills such as:
Test method development and validation Operation of analytical instrumentation.
Analyze and optimize existing processes and ability to build new processes.
Organization and interpretation of data using statistical principles.
Experience with thermal analysis equipment such as TGA, DSC, and DMA.
Experience with separations and chemical identification equipment such as FTIR, HPLC, GC/MS and GPC
Basic mechanical testing including tensile, compression, and rotational displacement physical properties.
For many roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Salt Lake City BAS
Additional LocationsUSA UT - Sandy
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ