Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics - REMOTE
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Spend your day on things that matter. Work closely with a team of molecular biologists, immunologists, and other bioinformatic scientists in the exciting field of single-cell genomics and proteomics. Develop and deploy assay design pipelines to support our BD Rhapsody™ and BD™ AbSeq products. These complex pipelines are the tools that enable cutting edge research into areas like cancer and immune profiling, cell therapy, and stem cell biology. Success requires a firm grounding in software engineering, data analytics, ability to work successfully in teams, and a strong focus on making our customers successful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, deploy, automate, and support primer design pipelines
- Give to end user applications that support visualization and statistical analysis
- Troubleshoot problems, address issues, and answer questions from internal users, collaborators, and customers
- Deploy computationally efficient cloud-based technologies to maximize pipeline efficiency
- Interact with a cross-functional team of data scientists, engineers, and biologists to determine requirements and functionality
Education and Skills:
- PhD degree in bioinformatics, molecular biology, or related field
- Python programming and data analysis
- Experience implementing pipelines and analyzing NGS data
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Able to prioritize and deliver results with a high emphasis on quality, technical rigor, and attention to detail
- Experience with multiplex primer design
- Experience with advanced RNA or protein expression data, including single-cell
- Experience with common biological sequence databases and formats
- Experience with cloud computing
- Experience with any of the following: Common Workflow Language (CWL), Seven Bridge
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ