Staff Engineer I, Systems
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Play a critical role in the development of life science technology in cellular analysis and corresponding automation system as a Systems Engineer. Participate multi-functionally in efforts to innovate and implement new concepts for flow cytometer setup and data analysis. Support the development of system architecture. Apply scientific and statistical methods to resolve problems, devise tests, and set specifications. Integrate components and subsystems to characterize system level functionality and performance. Work with the engineering staff and testers to develop and implement experimental protocols, followed by the analysis and reporting of results. Support system level verification and user level validation efforts.
- Guide development of system-level concepts and algorithms to meet functional and performance requirements.
- Create and refine methodologies for flow cytometry setup and quality control.
- Support Systems Engineering activities and work, including driving architecture and requirements for complex systems.
- Develop and implement formal and informal test protocols. Use findings to drive development decisions and design iterations.
- Work with management and key partners to establish project breakthroughs, timelines, drive estimation and priorities.
- Present results, findings, and recommendations to development teams.
- Participate in Design and Technical Reviews to ensure sound decision making across the program.
- Provide technical support to a wide range of problems pertaining to specific programs and projects.
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-functional team and with external partners to identify, communicate, and mitigate program needs at each product lifecycle.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related subject area, e.g. Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Physics. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience or 3 years with an advanced degree in systems engineering, product development, or product design.
- Experience working in one or more areas related to cell analysis such as signal processing, embedded systems, electronics, software, fluidics, optics, and/or assay reagents strongly preferred.
- Experience working with high-dimensional flow cytometry and/or imaging data is a plus.
- Experience in design and implementation of data analysis algorithms is a plus.
- Experience in development of system models and simulations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in experimental techniques, statistical analysis, and engineering investigation techniques.
- Ability to plan, develop, and implement characterization, integration, or test procedures.
- Familiarity with product development lifecycles for complex systems.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Recommanderà un ami
Approbationdu Présiden et Chef de la direction
«Nous sommes une entreprise qui vise des résultats concrets et où nos associés s’emploient chaque jour à améliorer les soins de santé. De nombreuses initiatives sont en cours pour faire de BD un leader mondial des technologies médicales.»
Anonyme, Franklin Lakes, NJ