Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
- Lead the plant wide capacity - Establish and identify capacity bottlenecks for internal suppliers by completing an annual plant wide cycle time study for all processes on site, compare against standard and highlight gaps if any and provide proposal as to ensure plant capacity are sufficient to support demand
- Lead business unit continuous improvement projects including Lean manufacturing, VSM, standard work, TWI, Kaizen, 5S, visual aid and other Lean tools at site covering profit improvement project, capacity expansion project and automations.
- Using Work content or Line Balancing method to figure out how to manufacture parts or products, or deliver services, with maximum efficiency.
- Identify improvement opportunities with clear project definition, support local site leader to priorities and allocation appropriate resources to projects and improvement activities.
- Work with operation and engineering to develop standardized work for all production process.
- Provide technical support and share technical knowledge to all employees who engage in Lean and CTW projects
- Responsible to develop, implement and maintain report both accurate, timely and transparent performance metrics and reporting.
- Responsible to motivate and cultivate all employees about Lean and ensure the momentum about doing lean is sustainable.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend changes or improvements in operational process, procedures, and equipment and provide analysis to support these changes.
- Manage and/or participate in project teams to achieve defined objective and deliverables through the use of various Lean and Industrial Engineering tools.
- Help companies increase productivity and optimize methods of business organization.
- Study product requirements and design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements.
- Design production planning and control systems, layout of equipment and workspace.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
Primary Work LocationMYS Kedah - Bard Kulim (Malaysia)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.